Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Abortion...The A-Word

Now I'm not going to debate whether it is right or wrong.
I know for some of you will be staunch supporters for it
regardless. But let's not be in denial of every aspect that
surrounds this issue. We cannot look at one portion of the truth
and ignore the others. That would be disingenuous.

Ultimately, you have to decide where to go on this.

NOW..before you judge me...hear me out.

1- I am not going to condemn those who have had abortions here.
2- I do not think you are going to "Hell" because you had an abortion. It is not my place to judge you where you go.
3- I will never 'not' embrace a child or woman who has had an abortion (this is a tragedy no matter how you look at it)
4- If I saw anyone berate you or condemn you, I will defend you fiercely...not because I'm
defending abortion...(because I'm not)...but because this is a tragedy on all fronts. Because you
have to live with the choices you make...and that will be tough enough. You would be treated like the 'prodigal son'.

Fair Enough? Now let's begin.

For starters let's not be political correct about abortion and call it for what it is.
Many call it Pro-Choice. I call it Pro-Abortion. It's the same damn
thing.

Truth #1 It's called Pro-Choice to make you feel less guilty.
See how that works? Let's do a little mental exercise.
In that one moment that you even conceive the 'words' Pro-Abortion in your head...you quickly say 'Pro-Choice'. Pro-choice advocates....try it.

Next, in that flash of a second...you feel little disturbed by the stigma of abortion...and so you
quickly switch mental gears and whisper "I believe in a woman's right to choose"....ahhh Now I much feel better.

You see? The human mind rationalizes even when you are not aware of it...
Some of you are aware of it...but then quickly go in denial that you are rationalizing it.
Interesting isn't it?

The Pro-choice proponents argue "a woman has a right to choose". Fair enough.
I don't dispute it's a solid argument.

However, it does beg the question. How come you didn't choose a more responsible behavior
prior to sexual intercourse?

I mean there are condoms, birth control pills, abstinence etc..

So are you telling me you ignored all those millions of times you could have chosen responsible behavior?...and now you are so quick to reserve your right to choose?
Something doesn't sound right here. But again...let's not be in denial of what's going on.

Truth #2 Woman who go through an abortion are scarred...for life.
I guarantee you...that you will rarely find a woman who has had an abortion...and afterwards still be so vocal about pro-choice rights.

Why? Naturally it's guilt...and it's hard to be proud of something like that.

Truth #3 Woman who have abortions...do not like to talk about it openly. True. The topic is Taboo among ladies. Unfortunately, this is bad. Because these stories never get out. The next generation do not hear of the possible emotional consequences associated with abortion. The stories are kept hidden.

Truth #4 Those pro-choice ladies who never had an abortion have an agenda. That agenda is based on 'Ego', not principle... the Ego of simply being a woman.

How do I know this?
Think about it? If it were based on principle...then they could not ignore the arguments I have thus made so far. But we all know that they brush it off. Why? Because they don't want to face the reality of guilt...not even for 3 seconds. Amazing isn't it? How our minds work that way.

People of principle...by definition...must acknowledge all arguments surrounding an issue. You cannot pick and choose what suits your purpose. That is disingenuous. And any reasonable person who acknowledges my reasoning...would be slow to support abortion.

Truth #5 Pro-Choice Advocates would like to silence former Pro-Choice Advocates who have changed their minds about abortion...especially a Pro-Choice Advocate who has changed her mind because of the emotional scars from an abortion. Why? Because those who had abortions are perceived to have more credibility on the stance...against abortion.

And so this is what I find interesting. How is it...that these Pro-Choice proponents do not care about someone who has been scarred by an abortion? Has their own "Agenda" become more important than "Humanity"?

Truth #6 Some Pro-Choice Advocates do not want parents to be involved...even though
the parent has a right to be involved. True.
Now why do they fear this? Because they do not want a slippery slope chain affect. They fear...the moment that Pro-life advocates gain some ground legally...then it's over for the woman's movement. Again...something that is not based on principle.

For any ladies who have had an abortion...ask yourself this: Would a hard staunch Pro-Choice Advocate really give 2 cents about your emotional scars because you had an abortion? The answer is no. They will abandon you quicker than an irresponsible boyfriend. Why? IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIABILITY FOR THEIR CAUSE. Search your heart...you know what the answer is.

Truth #7 Pro-Choice advocates fear anyone who seeks to have an abortion to be informed of the emotional consequences from an abortion. Why? Again...they fear by doing so it would create momentum against them. It would further hinder their cause. So in other words...they are perfectly willing to allow you to go through an abortion without you being informed of the emotional consequences.
Does this constitute betrayal? ....I digress.

Truth #8 and last but not least....The greatest weapon a Pro-Choice advocate has...is silence. You see...they have to silence anything that would stand against their position. This sums up Truth 5-7. The "Taboo" stigma of abortion works in their favor.

(I have left out the male factor here...because I think it is a weak argument. A man has every right to be concern over the welfare of others...especially if it is his baby. After all (not including rape here) you willingly let him "inside" you and since you willingly let him inside you irresponsibly...then I see no reason why responsible men should be concerned over a woman's irresponsible action. Remember,... it takes two to tango. Otherwise, it is rape)

Now how does this affect politics? ...You know...politics is not so much my concern. It is the philosophical aspect that bothers me. Here is why?

1- Can I in good conscious be advocating abortion...if I love life as I know it.
2- Would I be willing to let my mother abort me?
3- Shouldn't I willing to give that life the same opportunities that I have?

These are all questions that should bother us. They should not be ignored. And that is why we at the very least, we should be hesitant to be pro-choice.

So I wonder how is it possible that those 3 bullets do not bother the first potentially female President or the first potentially black President currently running for office?
I mean why should they be given the right to run for President...to make history and then deny that opportunity to others. I mean...at least feel guilty about it.

These are well educated candidates...and yet....it never crossed their minds? How is that possible? It should make you wonder about their mindset. How is it that something so obvious could escape their conscious? This type of mindset does not just affect abortion...but in other areas of life too.

So where do we go from here?

One. I think it is safe to say...for you ladies...not to get yourself in that position in the first place. As you can see..it can get very messy.

Two. Do not be in denial of your feelings. If you feel guilty then let it out. Do not let others hinder your voice.

Three. For those who know others who have had abortions...do not lose the opportunity to embrace them. Do not shun them. Bring them in. It is the only way to let the healing process begin.

Four. If you are pregnant and scared...don't panic...their are number of outlets that will help you make an informed decision. It is better to know the affects you will endure beforehand than afterwards when it is too late. Remember, there is always adoption.

Five. If you had an abortion already...be strong. Others will need your help to make the right decision. If you want healing...do not ignore guilt. It is part of the process. Just remember, there will always be those who will love you. And you will be loved.

To the hard staunch Pro-choice advocate...
If you disagree with anything I said....point it out. I have laid out everything. But I have to ask you one thing...did any of you grind your teeth on what I explained to you?
You know what that means right? Look deep down inside...you know what it means.

It is an indication of anger...when confronted with the cold truth.

This is Venom.

No comments: